Saturday, April 24, 2010

An Old "Teacher" Can Learn New Tricks

I am currently doing my Embedded Learning at the School where I attended for grades 1 through to 7. It was surprising to me to see how many teachers are still there from when I was a student nearly thirty years ago. One teacher truly impressed me, and I just have to share her comments, because they were highly relevant to this subject.
Mrs X as I will call her, has been teaching for more then 40 years, you would think she might be a little jaded or lacking in enthusiasm. Happily that is not the case, she has been reinvigorated by the introduction of ICT's into her classroom. She teaches a grade 6 interactive class, where all the students have their own laptops and work at their own pace, completing class assignments or projects. Mrs X told me she is sometimes up till 2am finding new sites for her students to explore. I thought this was wonderful and a perfect example of how the introduction of ICTs into the classroom is a positive experience for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment