Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Flickr and Picnik Experience Revisted

Rainy Day Pilings
Iona-Rainy Day Pilings From Christopher M. Taken March30,2010

I decided it was in my best interest to have another look at Flickr and Picnik .This is the photo I selected from my first experience with Flickr. I wouldn't hesitate to hang this on my walls as a piece of art. You could also use the numerous public photos on Flickr to get the students to write reflective passages about them or use them as inspiration to create images of their own. Student engagement would be achieved because the student is selecting their own photo to reflect on. Therefore having a feeling of ownership over the learning experience.

Having been exposed to these beautiful and sometimes thought provoking images it makes me want to get out the old camera, and take up a hobby I once enjoyed, before all my pictures became cute baby poses and milestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment