Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Flickr and Picnik Experience

I have to acknowledge that I am not getting the full impact of these two technologies, as something in me cannot bring myself to openly publish private pictures and make them available. Therefore I cannot fully embrace this technology. There is hope for me however, as I think as I become more comfortable with the various new technologies I am learning, and my reluctance and resonance will be overcome in time. It is probably a good idea as a teacher to be a reluctant to give so many private details away and one must be very sure not to break any school policies in regard to the publication of photos.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan, I am like you. I didn't upload (what I consider) private photos on to Flickr. For the purpose of knowing how to do it, I uploaded pictures of my kids cubby house and my Dad's cat (who is now dead), but I selected the "private viewing" feature. Even putting my picture onto the forum and Mahara was an exercise of faith (and I only did it because I thought I had to as part of the course, otherwise I wouldn't have). My blog does not have a photo of me and I will be keeping it that way. As far as I am concerned, once it is on the web, it is there for good. The "private" features do not make me feel any better. As for Picnik, I used some of the available Picnik photos to play with. The photos on my blog are from Picnik. Maybe you could do that instead, just to see what options are available on Picnik? Anyway, I just wanted to reply to let you know that you are not alone in your thoughts. Regards,Natalie

    ReplyDelete