Saturday, March 6, 2010

Am I being Too Simplistic ? My View of Learning Managment.

I have been an avid lurker on the chat forums. Thinking I have nothing to contribute.
You see my concept of Learning Management is quite simplistic. "It's about having all the balls in place". As a Learning Manager you need to :
  • Know your learning theories and how/when to apply them
  • It is knowing your learner
  • Knowing the constraints in which you work eg resources, budgets etc
  • Aware of other stakeholders
  • Achieving a work life balance
  • Knowing what outcomes you need to achieve
  • Establishing good classroom discipline
  • Establishing a respectful 'two way' relationship with your learner
  • Understanding the differences amongst your learners
  • Realizing there is always something new to learn
  • Accept the need for change
  • Know your limitations
  • Realise the basics are important and get your learners to understand this too.
Is this too simplistic way of thinking? What do you think ?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan, I think your summary is very appropriate and says it all. These are the fundamentals and then we expand from there. I think everyone can contribute no matter how much or little they say as everyone has their own perspective and all contributions have been valuable to me.. I also like your most recent post about the Friedmans's Flat World Discovery, very relevant to what we are learning about. Regards, Carolyne

    ReplyDelete