Monday, March 29, 2010

Google Earth - A Learning Journey

I feel like a 'virgin'. Again, this is my first use of Google Earth and once again I had no idea on what I was missing out on. What an Amazing educational tool!

We have been asked to make a post to our blog on how we might use this technology in our teaching. But, a wise man once told me (I mean Scott Aldred) , '"don't re-invent the wheel", so being that Joe Wood has already compiled a more than adequate summary of how you would use Google Earth in your lessons. I will not endeavor to compile one. I will however point out the amazing information that is available to you on the World Wide Web if you just use the right search engine and have the time to look for it.

Google Earth did teach me an important lesson, in my journey of ICT discovery. Never attempt to use something in your teaching that you are not completely familiar with or comfortable using. You could end up looking less than competent unless you are a brilliant actor. Once comfortable with Google Earth I would definitely use it as a ICT.

Refences:
http://www.teachinghacks.com/wiki/index.php?title=Google_Earth_Curriculum_Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment